CINEDAYS Festival of European film in Skopje, North Macedonia publishes an open call for students (or graduated) musicians (professionals or enthusiasts) without age limitation. LIVING MUSIC is a residential project that will take part during the 20. edition of CINEDAYS Festival in Skopje.
The project leader and mentor is Darija Andovska, professor at the State University of Music Arts and Drama Arts in Skopje, composer, pianist and author of orchestral, chamber, solo and vocal music as well as music for numerous theater productions, films and multimedia projects.
WHO CAN APPLY?
• Students (or graduated directors)
• Musicians (professionals or enthusiasts)
Without age limitations
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE FOR APPLYING?
May 31, 2021 until 16:00 CET.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT?
• Residential stay in Skopje from 9 – 19 July 2021, with covered expenses for travel, accommodation, food
and festival accreditation
• Creation of 6 teams, each of them having 1 music composer and 1 film director. Active work from 9-15
July, rehearsals on 16 and 17 July and presentation of the project on 18 July
• Live concert with local musicians on silent films as a presentation of the final work of the teams
• Spotting sessions and creating music for pre-selected short films
• 1-7 musicians available, by choice. Music should be electronic combined with live performance or acoustic (performed live)
There is a participation fee of 100 Euros that covers the accommodation, travel expenses, working with mentor and assistant, food and festival accreditation. There are limited options for waving the participation fee, for which you are kindly asked to write to the festival organization on the following email address: email@example.com
If you have any other questions in regards of the application, the organizers are on your disposal at the CINEDAYS/MKC Skopje’s social networks.