CINEDAYS Festival of European film in Skopje, North Macedonia publishes an open call for students (or graduated), film directors, editors and all who have their own original film (producers, DOP, scriptwriters, etc.) musicians (professionals or enthusiasts) without age limitation. LIVING MUSIC is a residential project that will take part during the 21. edition of CINEDAYS Festival in Skopje.
The project leader and mentor is Darija Andovska, professor at the State University of Music Arts and Drama Arts in Skopje, composer, pianist and author of orchestral, chamber, solo and vocal music as well as music for numerous theater productions, films and multimedia projects.
Students, graduate directors and editors are required to offer one film for film music as well as two more films in the same application.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Students (or graduated directors)
- Musicians/composers (professionals or enthusiasts)
- Editors, producers, DOP, Scriptwriters
- Without age limitations
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE FOR APPLYING?
- June 15, 2022 until 16:00 CET.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT?
- Dates for residential stay in Skopje from 3 to 14 July; Accommodation, travel, food and accreditation costs for the festival are at the expense of the organizer
- Selection of applicants’ films for which music will be created
- Creation of teams of applicants by the commission. Active work from 3-13 July, rehearsals on 11 and 12 July and presentation of the project on 13 July
- Spotting sessions and creating music for pre-selected short films
- Composers should include live music performers and / or a chamber string orchestra. Music should be electronic combined with live performance or acoustic (performed live)
- The presentation is planned as a concert with a screening
If you have any other questions in regards of the application, the organizers are on your disposal at the CINEDAYS/MKC Skopje’s social networks.