WRITING, DRAWING, TRAVELLING! is a project designed as a series of creative workshops where children through various creative games, logical puzzles and thematic tasks, will learn how to create stories, songs, and even short dramatic texts, and how to combine them with illustration, collage or any another technique.The idea of the project is to develop children’s imagination through creation in two interconnected areas – literature, ie written word and fine arts, to get a complete author’s product. Creating a story from concept, through text, to its complete visualization and obtaining a complete work of art is the main goal of these creative workshops. Each lesson will be different from the previous one, a different creative game will be played or it will be created on a different topic, and the children will be able to easily get involved in any stage of the course.
– Project Duration: First six months: March / May 2020; Second six months: September-November 2020;
– Frequency: 1 clas per week (90 minutes)
– Lecturer: Biljana S. Crvenkovska, writer and screenwriter, educator at the Children’s Creative Center in YCC for creative writing and creation and imagination;
– Reading books for children, stories, songs in Macedonian language, developing the imagination and creating works of art based on the read story (illustrations, collages);
– Playing logical and creative games, which will result in a final product: a written story and / or work of art;
– Playing games of imagination and creative thinking;- Creating stories and songs and visualizing their stories with works of art in several techniques;
– Creating short dramatic texts, making props, with the result of performing each of the texts with the made props; At the end of each of the six months, an exhibition of works created during the workshops will be organized at the Children’s Creative Center in YCC. The exhibition will feature all works of art, as well as notebooks with written stories and illustrations.
– Developing imagination and creative thinking through story creation, drawing, collage;
– Developing love for the book and the written word;- Encouraging creative thinking- Improving and developing language skills, artistic abilities, speech, syntax, visual perception;
– Improving and developing motor skills;
– Development of logical abilities through creative games;- Improving and developing oral speech- Improving and developing artistic abilities and visual perception- Education and training through play;- Developing empathy and a sense of ethics;
– Encouraging team spirit, mutual help and socializing with the children-participants in the project;
The target group is children from 9 to 12 years old, and each workshop would include an optimal number of 10-15 children.
*The Workshops in the period September-November are onlineCCC fb >